Since the 1er January 2022, the Thermal Regulation 2012 will gradually leaving its place to the Environmental regulations 2020 (RE2020), to the most exacting standards in terms of energy consumption of buildings. Through this new walking towards energy efficiencythe use of the laundry facilities WASHiN appears as a service evident in terms of the environment for the shared accommodation.
De la RT2012 à l’exigeante RE2020
The existing housing under RT 2012
The technical requirements and the method of calculation of the new RE2020 have been fixed by the decree of July 29, 2021, and the decree of 4 August 2021. With these texts, the calendar progressive of its application is now known :
- 1er January 2022 : buildings for residential use.
- 1er July 2022 : buildings or part of buildings of offices and premises of primary and secondary education
- 1er January 2023 : temporary buildings and dispensing with all formalities in respect of the houses light leisure
Note that the shops, restaurants, hospitals, courts, industrial buildings, etc do not yet have official dates of switches to the RE2020. In all cases, before these dates, the buildings remain subject to the RT 2012.
The next few buildings with the RE 2020
More ambitious and more demanding all thermal regulations established successively since 1974, the RE2020 wants to shake up this observation : « in France, the building sector accounts for 44 % of the energy consumption and nearly 25 % of CO2 emissions » emphasizes the website of the ministry for the ecological transition.
It revolves around 3 major axes :
- Continuing the improvement of the energy performance and lower consumption of new buildings.
- Reduce their impact on the climate considering the emissions of the building throughout its life cycle.
- Provide occupants to live in suitable places the next climatic conditions – including heat waves, which will be more frequent and intense.
Une laverie WASHiN, le service évident pour l’environnement
L’absence d’une laverie, un non-sens écologique
In the Face of this major concern of the climate, the absence of a common laundry appears as a non-ecological sense. As a reminder, in accordance with the RE2020, the overall emissions of the building is considered : the construction phase (construction materials, equipment) to the operational phase (heating, domestic hot water, lighting, etc.).
In this spirit energy savingsallow each unit to have its own washing machine could potentially explode the ceilings of consumption...
In the same way as a concierge service, why not offer a laundry service to all occupants ? As it is, today, in the student residences or recreational facilities (camping, ski resorts...) and, tomorrow, in the apartment classic.
Why a laundry WASHiN (and not another one ?)
Once the environmental dimension considered, WASHiN becomes obvious, and for several reasons. On the user side, our connected service is perfectly in tune with the times and current uses. Better, as we are constantly in search of innovative solutionswe anticipate the needs and optimize continuously the process.
Then, to echo the requirements of the RE2020, it is important to know that our start-up is committed, from the start, in an ecological approach, in particular through its CSR charter. It lays the foundation of our priorities – namely, the well-being of our team and our people, respect for the environment, the safety of the users of our services and ethical business based on trust.
The title of the environmental commitments of WASHiN include :
- The provision of hardware laundry eco-responsible : we work with professional products PRIMUS SD10 and SP10 / and / DANUBE. Two marks strongly committed to reduce the need for energy resources (environmental unit, plan of yard waste, RoHS compliance...)
- The laundry injected eco-responsible ECOCERTⓇ : our machines are all equipped with dosing pumps to reduce waste.
- Participation in the actions carried out by the association " 1 million Trees ", educating the public about the issues related to climate change, the preservation of the environment and the enhancement of the trees and the forest.
WASHiN goes even further by investing actively in the balance of its carbon footprint and in the development of baskets in linen and environmentally friendly.
If you would like to register your next construction, your hobbies or your student residence in a good ecological dynamics, contact us !
 Citation : https://www.ecologie.gouv.fr/reglementation-environnementale-re2020